Topic ideas for your Pilates blog
One of the keys to improving your Google search rank for your Pilates website is to make sure that it's regularly updated. Google likes to see that a website has regular additions, and it will give a bit of a boost to sites that are active and engaging to customers.
A great way to keep your site fresh is to blog. Your Waxwing Pilates website comes with a built-in blogging feature which makes it easy to post, but some of our clients don't know what they should write about on their blog.
Here are 9 topic ideas for your Pilates blog:
- Upcoming events. If you have a new class, schedule change, or a new instructor joining your studio, this provides a great opportunity to write about it and share it with your clients.
- Local health events or fairs. If you're going to be attending a local health fair, let your clients know.
- Pilates news. There's a lot of scientific research published on the benefits of Pilates. When you see a new study, share the findings with your clients. It's a great way to spread the word about how great Pilates is. You can sign up for Pilates News updates here.
- Client success stories. People love to hear stories, and you certainly have many to tell about clients who have seen positive changes with Pilates. If you've helped someone, write up a short piece about the problem the client was having when they first came to your studio and how they've improved. Make sure to keep the client's identity anonymous and ask permission first. In some cases, the client may be OK with you using their name and photo, which is even more powerful.
- Client testimonials. You have a lot of happy clients in your studio, so when they're excited about the work you do and thank you, have them share that on your blog. You can do a simple interview on video or write it up and add that as a blog post with a photo of the client. Word-of-mouth and referrals are some of the most important tools you have for getting new clients, and testimonials are a great way to do that on your website and on social media.
- Continuing education training reports. You're always working to improve as an instructor, and you're always learning new techniques or exercises at seminars and workshops. Write about upcoming workshops that you're attending and then write about what you learned when you get back.
- Client surveys. Getting feedback and ideas from clients is the key to a successful, dynamic business, so use questionnaires and surveys in your blog posts to learn more about your clients' needs.
- Exercise of the week. As someone who practices Pilates a few times a week, I'm always trying to learn more about it. Your blog is a great opportunity to cover some of the exercises you teach and explain the goal of the exercise and how it's beneficial.
- "Ask the Pilates Instructor." The key to effective Pilates marketing is to engage your clients, and a great way to do that is to have them ask you questions that you answer on your blog.
Tips for Blogging
Now that you have a few ideas of what to blog about, here are some things to remember:
- Don't steal other blog posts! First, it's unethical to take other people's writing as your own. Second, duplicating an existing blog post isn't going to help your search ranking, as Google will see that it already exists online and will know that you've copied it. Too much duplicate content can result in a penalty by Google.
- Your posts don't have to be long. It's good to have a mix of longer and shorter posts, but anything you add to your blog is going to show Google that your site is active. A few paragraphs are perfectly fine.
- Don't steal photos! It's good to have a photo or image to add to your blog post, but make sure you have permission to use any images you add. Getty Images is renowned for sending demand letters for images that are used without permission, and using a photo without paying for it can cost you $800. To help our clients, we include a library of Pilates images that you can use that give you legal permission to use as long as you're using our web service.
If you have any questions about blogging or marketing your Pilates studio, give us a call at (855) 780-1081 and our marketing experts will be happy to help!